At Target, we are committed to protecting the privacy and
security of our customers and site visitors. If you have any
For all of our services, the data controller (who determines the
purpose and manner in which your personal data is used) is Target
We collect your data and use your information in a number of
different ways. Below sets this out in more detail.
When we collect personal data from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- When you make an online purchase.
- When you receive our email newsletter. This may include which
emails are opened and any links in those messages that are
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints,
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
for further details.
- When you have given a third-party permission to share
information with us that they hold about you.
- We collect data from publicly available sources when you have
given consent to share information or where the information is made
public as a matter of law.
- When you apply for a trade account with us through our website
or over the phone
Personal data we may collect from you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of
personal data about which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data including first name, last name, title.
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email
address, telephone numbers. We will also collect your social media
username, if you interact with us through those channels.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from
you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect
Technical Data including IP address, browser type and version, time
zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions,
operating system and platform and other technology on the devices
you use to access our website.
- Profile Data including purchases or orders made by you, your
interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in
receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your
How and why we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
Examples of how we use information held about you include but are
not limited to:
- To process any orders that you make on our website.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent
- To send you relevant communications by email or post in
relation to updates, products and services. We'll do this if you
have opted in to receive our newsletter. You are free to opt out of
hearing from us by email at any time.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products
we provide to you. We'll do this on the basis of our legitimate
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our
services. These messages will not include any promotional content
and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text
message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make
our products or services more relevant to you.
- To build a picture of who you are and your interests, and to
inform our business decisions, we'll combine data captured by
Target Darts, third parties and data from publicly-available lists
as we have described in the section 'Personal Data we collect from
you?' We will do this on the basis of our legitimate business
In order to protect your privacy, we will:
Only use data for the exact purpose we specify in our contract
with a third parties.
Work closely with third parties in order to ensure your privacy
is respected and protected at all times.
If you have opted to receive marketing from us, we will send you
communication via email, post and text message to keep you up to
date with our latest news, product releases and special offers.
The subscription to our newsletter service is not mandatory, and
you can opt-out at any time. To opt out of email click on the
'unsubscribe' link in any marketing emails you receive. For
anything else, please contact our customer service team at
We reserve the sole right to unsubscribe users/visitors from our
newsletter service, without notice. We will do so with any
subscriber we deem registered with fake data. We require all
subscribers to confirm their humanity once they sign up. You will
therefore receive a message with a link to click in order to
confirm the authenticity of your subscription.
Lifetime Barrel Guarantee
When you activate your lifetime barrel guarantee we may use your
information for the following reasons:
- To provide customer service and support.
- To send you information about your lifetime barrel
- To send you marketing messages if you have opted in to receive
Sharing your information
We do not and will not sell any of your personal data to
However, we share your data with the following categories of
companies as an essential part of being able to provide our
services to you:
- Distribution companies, such as payment service providers,
warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies,
advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our
- Affiliates who help us reach out to potential new customers or
promote our products on their websites.
- Law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help
Your rights over your personal data
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data
protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying
on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is
something about your particular situation which makes you want to
object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your
fundamental rights and freedoms.
- The right to object where we are processing your personal data
for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate
that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your
information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This
enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal
data in the following scenario
(a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy
(b) where our use of the data is unlawful, but you do
not want us to erase it
(c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no
longer require it as you need it to establish,
exercise or defend legal claims
or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we
need to verify whether we have overriding
legitimate grounds to use it
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to
process your personal data. However, this will not affect the
lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your
consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to
provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if
this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.